- Brand Belvilla
- Location Amsterdam
- Experience 5+ years
- Hours Fulltime
Note: This role is for Belvilla, part of OYO Vacation Homes.
Oyo Vacation Homes (OVH) is one of the largest players in the European online market for accommodation rentals, such as holiday homes and holiday parks. OVH is a market leader in the Benelux, Denmark and the German online vacation rental markets with its core brands Belvilla, DanCenter/Danland and Traum-Ferienwohnungen. More than 3 million holidaymakers from over 118 different countries book their holiday every year with OVH.
Our Home Service Opportunity
Our Scandinavian brands of DanCenter and Danland have a long history of providing high quality end-to-end services that enables us to manage thousands of vacation homes and apartments. One aspect of this service is what we call “property services”. This relates to our maintenance of the home on behalf of the home owner (pool services, general maintenance, etc.) as well as various other services that are required to manage bookings and guests (check-in/out, cleaning, linens, etc.).
We always strive to have higher quality at higher efficiency so that we can do more and more for our home owners and guests. Technology plays a crucial role to make this possible at our 30+ local offices in Scandinavia and northern Germany. This can include technology used by our employees to ensure a cleaning is done per our standards but also can include in-home technology like digital locks, noise monitors, electronic thermostats, electronic meter readers, pool chemical and temperature monitors, etc. The goal of this role is to leverage technology, however needed, to deliver home services more easily at higher quality.
Next to our Scandinavian brands, we have our Belvilla brand where we manage tens of thousands of homes throughout Europe. This brand is expanding its portfolio of services to also offer this type of property management service throughout many countries in Europe: Austria, Spain, France, Italy, Holland, Germany, etc. This requires all sorts of activities to maintain the homes on an ongoing basis, similar to what we provide in Scandinavia. As one would expect, the challenges are similar but there are differences in different geographies and countries. We see product and technology as a key part of how we will help our employees and service providers to deliver excellent service efficiently as we scale-up this offering.
Product Owner, Property Services Role
The Product Owner is responsible for setting the long-term vision and strategy for the products we use to deliver our property services and then translating that into shorter term cycles to make this vision a reality, step by step. This will require strong coordination with business owners and service operations teams to create a roadmap that has been prioritized in a transparent way. The Product Owner will then work with internal and external development teams to create sprint backlogs and deliver change that makes the business work better with each release. With data in hand, the Product Owner will then communicate results and learnings and use that to openly sort out a revised roadmap to make the business even better.
What is unique about this role vs other product owner roles is that we are really going to change the vacation rental world and this role is critical to that. We are planning to use product and technology in a way that is not currently on the market, enabling us to master parts of the physical world so that we can make things work much better than they do today by leveraging a combination of apps, IoT, service providers and own staff. It will be very challenging and exciting!
For example, we need to get guests physically into homes and need to sort out how to do that digitally. That requires getting e-locks or e-lockboxes onto physical homes or doors that are all over Europe. And, those doors can be very unique and we need to sort out how to make that work consistently. And, some homes have setups such as gates that need to be unlocked too. The product that this role creates is tasked with mastering how to help manage that physical world via technology and make it so simple that the average guest can use it without hardly thinking. To do that, the product owner will need to get out there and see how this is working at homes and with our customers. And, use that insight to sort out how to prioritize change to make digital access and management of homes even better and easier. The person filling this role needs to embrace and be excited about seeing this in action which means installing at homes, working with service providers on location to see what is working well and what not, see how guests are using this and what they are struggling with, see what is triggering home owner worries and solving that creatively via IoT solutions or other tech, etc.
The Product Owner will report into the Chief Customer Experience Officer and will be working in Amsterdam, with regular travel expected in to homes, own offices and partners throughout Europe. Due to the need to see the physical realities of the usage of the product being created, we expect about 25% of time to be spent travelling.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Translate the overall strategy into a product strategy focused on the enhancement of our property services
- Steer the development teams on the actionable roadmap by managing and prioritizing the backlog
- Manage, monitor and report back on the progress and succession of the actionable roadmap to relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate daily with the Development, Design, and data and insights teams to ensure project requirements are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality
- Practice the test and learn methodology and to quickly and efficiently identify and evaluate opportunities that will inform the roadmap
- Coordinate with and sometimes even train the operational teams (train the trainer) on how to make the most of a product change
- Conduct competitive analysis and industry research to identify gaps and opportunities to improve the product strategy
- Create insights and identify opportunities and challenges based on usage and service analytics, CRM and market data and then translate these insights and opportunities/threats into actionable next steps for the improvement of the services we deliver
- Create user stories, draft UX briefings and acceptance criteria and test plans
- Define, track and report on user metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvement e.g. feature usage, efficiency change, quality improvement, etc.
- Work closely with other product owners in the organisation to ensure visibility into cross-cutting initiatives
- Act as a thought- and practice leader on an international scale
- Set up relevant collaborations with agencies
- Responsible for relevant management reporting
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor/Master Degree in relevant area
- At least 5 years of agile product management experience, preferably with an online, e-commerce or technology company.
- Experience with agile delivery principles
- Experience in the online travel is a plus
- Analytical skills, creative, excellent communication skills
- Excellent English skills with proficiency in Dutch, Spanish, French, Italian, Danish or German being beneficial
- Ability to understand the key elements of the technology stack and underlying interlinking of them, data structure, agile delivery principles, big data technologies, analytics
- Experience with SalesForce.com or other leading CRM toolset a plus
- Proactive, result driven, efficient & organized, teamplayer
A dynamic position at the heart of the organization, actually contributing to the growth ambitions of OVH. Your personal approach will be validated and you will have ample opportunity to grow in an expanding business. Your initiatives and creativity will not only be welcomed, they will be rewarded as well. We have an informal culture where we motivate and support each other. We are proud to be the best in our business!
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the requirements? Please send your CV to Erwin Schuur: email@example.com.
– We don’t work with recruitment agencies for this role –
– Only English CV’s will be reviewed –
The market leader in the Benelux is active throughout almost all of Europe and has over 35 years of experience.
Our employees in the Belvilla office in Eindhoven give everything they have to create happiness and bright unforgettable memories for our guests, homeowners and partners.