Belvilla/ @Leisure Group, part of Axel Springer SE, is one of the largest players in the European online market for holiday accommodation rentals, such as holiday homes and holiday parks. @Leisure is the market leader in both the Benelux and the German online travel markets with leading brands as Belvilla, DanCenter/Danland and Traum-Ferienwohnungen. More than 3 million holidaymakers from over 140 different countries book their holiday every year with @Leisure.
Due to growth of the organization we are looking for a
LEGAL DIRECTOR, Zürich (Switzerland)
As a Legal Director you fulfill an independent role at international level and you advise the business on all legal matters. The legal structuring of our rental activities in various European countries is a priority. For an optimal result, intensive collaboration takes place with several stakeholders within the organization and external legal advisers. Your activities will both be at a strategic level – advising the board – and at an operational level. You will work closely together with a legal manager, based in the Netherlands.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Providing high quality legal services in a wide range of areas, including commercial contracts, corporate, regulatory compliance, labour/employment restructurings and acquisitions.
- Monitoring the rapidly changing legislation on rental activities across Europe and actively supporting the implementation of this legislation within the organization.
- Drafting and reviewing agreements and terms and conditions, including distribution, sales, procurement, agency, and information technology agreements.
- Advice regarding potential and pending litigation and selecting and managing outside counsel.
- Contract management and data protection.
- Having to understand objectives, goals and strategies to gain knowledge for providing business-oriented legal advice.
- Training non-lawyers about the law and how to comply with laws and policies.
Skills and requirements
- You have a completed master’s degree in international law and have at least 7-10 years of relevant experience in a legal position within a commercial company and/or a law firm.
- You are very solution-oriented and hands-on.
- You work independently and are self-starting.
- Experience within the travel industry and / or e-commerce area is an advantage.
- You have a thorough knowledge of commercial law, corporate law, employment law, consumer law and data protection law.
- Your knowledge of the English language is excellent, preferably you speak fluent German as well.
- You are willing to do some international travel.
A dynamic position at the heart of the organization, contributing to the ambitions of Belvilla. You will have ample opportunity to grow in an expanding business. Your initiatives and creativity will be welcomed and rewarded. We have an informal culture where we motivate and support each other. We are proud to be the best in our business!
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the requirements?
Send us your motivation and CV, or contact Cune van Vlissingen via +31646960033.
The market leader in the Benelux is active throughout almost all of Europe and has over 35 years of experience.
Our employees in the Belvilla office in Eindhoven give everything they have to create happiness and bright unforgettable memories for our guests, homeowners and partners.