The HR Manager Germany is responsible for partnering with the managers across Germany to deliver the business strategy and objectives, by providing an outstanding HR service that is simple, relevant, flexible, customer focused, and drives improved organisational performance. This role also has management responsibility for a team of HR professionals.
While the role is located in Bremen, the geographical scope of this role includes direct responsibility for employees all over Germany (~230 employees).
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in a fast paced, agile business environment, be comfortable influencing at a senior level to support the business in achieving its business goals, and advising on areas such as labor law, reward, talent management, talent acquisition, performance management, engagement and retention. An ability to lead avirtual team, inspire and develop others, setting high standards, supporting and giving regular feedback in order to deliver results is another essential for this role.
What will you do?
Lead by example: be a Business Partner and not HR police
The HR Manager will work closely with various stakeholders including the Shared Service Centres, local country teams, functional teams, line managers and Operations Directors. S/he will not only ensure that the standard processes are implemented effectively but will also provide advice and guidance on complex HR issues.
The HR Manager will be hands on and not afraid of operational tasks while seating and acting in the leadership level of the organization.
Culture: help to build a high-performance culture
To have a sustainable high-performance culture is a business priority. As the HR Manager you will need to understand our business and be able to positively influence managers and employees to achieve the business goals.
The HR Manager will act as a change ambassador and trainer, driving cultural changes in self-sustainable international organization.
Talent: ensure the best in every person
By working in partnership with the managers you will identify the talent pool, create tangible action plans to ensure their potential is realised and retained.
Manager and Leader: best in class HR, not normative HR
The successful candidate will be able to lead and/or participate in HR or cross functional projects and be comfortable in contributing to the direction and management of the broader HR department.
· 15+ years of experience in HR in an international company (preferably with Europe-Asia background), preferably fast-paced multi-site environment.
· Minimum of 8 years experience leading a team, preferably a virtual one
· Have broad international HR experience preferably in a rapidly scaling ambiguous environment, working Europe-Asia a strong advantage
· Expertise in change management, organizational development, training and leadership coaching and compensation topics
· Ability to think strategically and implement effectively
· Exposure to employment regulations across countries and while not being the expert, knowing the right questions to ask at the right time
· Strong knowledge of German labor law (with must have German background and experience). Knowledge of Austrian and Swiss labor law is an advantage.
· Strong leadership style and can-do mindset – good delegator from one side, however a strong hands-on, operational mentality needed.
· No 9-5 working mentality
· Willing to travel within Europe; the main location is Bremen, the expectations are to be in the Bremen office at least 3 days in the week
· Full time position
· Fluent communication in English and German
· Experience with HRIS as super admin - required; (experience with Personio/HRBamboo/Oracle/YouForce - a strong advantage)
- Willing to work in a developing environment, where tooling and processes are still in the making.
OYO Vacation Homes, one of the leading vacation rental companies in Europe, is active in all segments of our industry: from full service providers Belvilla and DanCenter to the online marketplace Traum-Ferienwohnungen. Our aim is to create happiness and bright unforgettable memories for our guests, homeowners and partners.
We are transforming the experience both for guests and owners to combine hospitality with cutting-edge technology.
„We are Traum-Ferienwohnungen. With our vacation rental platform, our mission is to bring hosts and vacationers together and create personal connections.
Our customers include private landlords who only distribute one holiday apartment through us, as well as agencies with several hundred properties.
After 19 years in the market, we are one of the largest vacation rental websites and have a huge reach. And we are growing rapidly, because we want to conquer the market!
We work very dynamically. We are always work in progress. What sets us apart is our courage to constantly reinvent ourselves and the irrepressible will to always look ahead and break new ground.
Why do we do that? Because we believe that if you work hard enough, dreams will come true.“
- Location Bremen, Germany
- Experience Not Applicable
- Hours Full-time