Note: This role is for Belvilla, part of OYO Vacation Homes.
OYO Vacation Homes is one of the largest players in the European online market for accommodation rentals, such as holiday homes and holiday parks. Every year, more than 3 million people with more than 120 nationalities book their unforgettable vacations and holidays with OYO Vacation Homes. Come join us with our global growth and expanding teams.
The Data & Insights team is a critical part of the engine driving the global growth ambitions of OYO Vacation Homes. We’re looking for Junior, Medior and Senior Data Engineers to bring the team to the next level.
What you can do here is architect, design and develop the next generation data platform which enables OYO Vacation Homes to scale globally. It uses the latest technology stack consisting of: BigQuery, Airflow (Cloud Composer and custom Python components amongst others). Part of the team’s responsibility will be the design and development of a streaming platform to enable near real-time interactions across guest touchpoints.
We don’t want you to reinvent the wheel but a lot isn’t set in stone yet. So you’ll be able to contribute to the technology decision making process.
Senior Data Engineer
- Lead a small sub-team of 2-4 data engineers and responsible to build our new enterprise data platform ready for global scale using the latest cloud data and streaming technologies
- Designs and architecture of data lake/warehouse and event streaming platform
- Has in-depth experience in any of data warehousing
- Ideal candidate would have experience migrations from legacy platforms (preferably SSIS/SQLServer) to cloud native (Airflow, Google Cloud Platform) be developing the infrastructure in a hands-on way
- Examples: De-duplication pipelines, developing a data quality/test framework
Medior Data Engineer
- Designs, develops and maintains platform components of our new enterprise data platform ready for global scale using the latest cloud data and streaming technologies
- Able to develops components independently by consulting with business and/or tech team members
- Examples: De-duplication pipelines
Junior Data Engineer
- Building simple data pipelines and transformation
- Operational work on data platform
- Developing and maintaining a set of data microservices which enable distribution of data to different consumers (possibly via an event streaming platform)
Experience with following technologies is helpful (but we would at minimum look for a proven fast learner)
- Google Cloud Platform (preferred), Amazon AWS, MS Azure – developing and operating infrastructure on cloud platforms:
- Databases – experience with Google BigQuery, relational DBs such as MSSQL, PostgreSQL
- Streaming platforms – experience with Apache Kafka
- ETL and orchestration tools – Apache Airflow, Google Cloud Composer (managed Apache Airflow)
- Writing microservices – developing (REST) APIs
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the requirements? Please send your CV to Erwin Schuur: email@example.com.
– We don’t work with recruitment agencies for this role –
– Only English CV’s will be reviewed –
The market leader in the Benelux is active throughout almost all of Europe and has over 35 years of experience.
Our employees in the Belvilla office in Eindhoven give everything they have to create happiness and bright unforgettable memories for our guests, homeowners and partners.